High Frequency PCB
2022-11-04 15:41:59 High Frequency PCB 439 Viewed
Now that science and technology have developed and the electronic communication industry is developing rapidly, the development of the new generation requires high-frequency substrates, and high frequency PCB boards have an impact on our lives. The high-frequency signals of High Frequency PCB circuits are slowly affecting our lives.
What is a High Frequency PCB
High frequency PCBS refer to special circuit boards with high electromagnetic frequencies, which are used for PCBs in the fields of high frequency PCB boards (frequency greater than 300MHZ or wavelength less than 1 meter) and microwave (frequency greater than 3GHZ or wavelength less than 0.1 meters). The copper plate is a circuit board produced by using part of the process of the ordinary rigid circuit board manufacturing method or using a special treatment method.
With the rapid development of science and technology, more and more devices are designed for applications in the microwave frequency band (>1GHZ) or even in the millimeter wave field (30GHZ), which also means that the frequency is getting higher and higher, and the basic demand for materials is also getting higher and higher. For example, the substrate material needs to have excellent electrical properties, good chemical stability, and the loss on the substrate with the increase of the power signal frequency is required to be extremely small, so the importance of high frequency PCB boards is highlighted.
High Frequency PCB manufacturers In China
Huihe PCB is the best high frequency PCB manufacturer in China, we have 15 years of high frequency PCB manufacturing experience in China, we always insist on high quality PCB control. We provide one-stop high-frequency PCB services, if you are looking for high-quality high-frequency PCB manufacturers and high-frequency PCB assembly services, please contact us now.
High Frequency PCB Board Features
1. The impedance control requirements of high frequency PCBs are relatively strict, and the relative line width control is very strict, and the general tolerance is about 2%.
2. Due to the special materials of the high frequency PCB, the adhesion of PTH copper sinking is not high. Usually, it is necessary to roughen the vias and the surface with the help of plasma treatment equipment to increase the adhesion of PTH hole copper and solder resist ink.
3. The high frequency PCB board cannot be ground before being used as a solder mask, otherwise the adhesion will be very poor, and it can only be roughened with micro-erosion potion, etc.
4. Most of the high frequency PCB board materials are made of PTFE. There will be many sides when forming with ordinary milling cutters, and special milling cutters are required.
5. High frequency PCB board is a special circuit board with high electromagnetic frequency. Generally speaking, high frequency PCB can be defined as the frequency above 1GHz. Its physical properties, precision, and technical parameters are very demanding, and are often used in automotive anti-collision systems, satellite systems, radio systems and other fields.
High Frequency PCB Board Application Field
Mobile communication products;
Power amplifier, low noise amplifier, etc.;
Passive devices such as power dividers, couplers, duplexers, filters, etc.;
In the fields of automobile anti-collision systems, satellite systems, radio systems, etc., the high frequency of electronic equipment is the development trend.
Materials of High Frequency PCB Boards
1), Rogers: RO4003C/4350/5880, RO3000 series, RT series, TMM series, etc.
2), Taconic: RF series, TLX series, TLY series
3), Arlon: AD/AR/25N series
4), Taiyao TUC: Tuc862, 872SLK, 883, 933, etc.
5), Panasonic: Megtron4, Megtron6, etc.
6), Isola: FR408HR, IS620, IS680, etc.
7), Nelco: N4000-13. N4000-13EPSI etc.
8), Dongguan Shengyi, Taizhou Wangling (F4B, F4BM, F4BK, TP-2), Taixing Microwave, etc.
Benefits of High Frequency PCB Board
1. High efficiency
Generally speaking, the consumption of high frequency PCB circuit boards benefits from their low dielectric constant, so the consumption is naturally lower than other circuit boards. Under such excellent congenital conditions, the induction heating technology at the forefront of scientific and technological development can also meet the needs of target heating, thus making the efficiency of high frequency PCB boards very high. Of course, while pursuing efficiency, environmental protection cannot be abandoned.
2. Fast transfer speed
As we all know, the transmission speed is proportional to the dielectric constant. In the electrical principle, the transmission speed is inversely proportional to the square root of the dielectric constant, that is, the larger the dielectric constant, the slower the transmission speed; the smaller the dielectric constant, the faster the transmission speed. sooner. This is also one of the reasons why the high frequency PCB can be loved by everyone. It uses special materials, which can well ensure the characteristics of small dielectric constant, and can ensure the transmission speed while making the operation of the circuit board relatively stable.
3. Great controllability
It is widely used in high frequency PCB boards for heat treatment of precision metal materials in various industries. In the process of its field, it can not only realize the heating of components with different depths, but also focus on local characteristics, whether it is surface or deep, centralized or decentralized heating methods, can be easily completed.
4. Strong tolerance
The environment affects the composition of the medium, thus high frequency PCB circuit boards still have some environmental requirements, especially in the south where there is more humid weather. High frequency PCB boards can well adapt to such an environment. High frequency PCB boards made of materials with extremely low water absorption can challenge such an environment. At the same time, it is best to make PCB circuit boards resistant to chemical corrosion. It is resistant to moisture and high temperature in a humid environment, and has great peel strength.
High Frequency PCB Board Parameters
The high frequency of electronic equipment is a development trend, especially with the increasing development of wireless networks and satellite communications, information products are moving towards high-speed and high frequency, and communication products are moving towards the standardization of voice, video and data for wireless transmission with large capacity and high speed. Therefore, the new generation of products developed requires high frequency substrates. Communication products such as satellite systems and mobile phone receiving base stations must use high frequency PCB circuit boards. In the next few years, they will inevitably develop rapidly, and high-frequency substrates will be in large demand.
(1) The thermal expansion coefficient of the high frequency PCB circuit board base material and the copper foil must be consistent. If they are inconsistent, the copper foil will be separated during the change of heat and cold.
(2) High frequency PCB board substrates should have low water absorption, and high water absorption will cause dielectric constant and dielectric loss when exposed to moisture.
(3) The dielectric constant (Dk) of the high frequency PCB circuit board substrate is small and stable. Generally speaking, the smaller the better, the transmission rate of the signal is inversely proportional to the square root of the dielectric constant of the material. High dielectric constant can easily cause signal transmission. delay.
(4) The dielectric loss ( Df ) of the high frequency PCB circuit board substrate material must be small, which mainly affects the quality of signal transmission. The smaller the dielectric loss, the smaller the signal loss.
(5) Other heat resistance, chemical resistance, impact strength, peel strength, etc. of high frequency PCB circuit board substrate materials must also be good. At present, the most commonly used high frequency PCB circuit board substrates are fluorine dielectric substrates, such as PTFE, usually called Teflon, which is usually used above 5GHz. There are also FR4 or PPO substrates, which can be used for products between 1GHz and 10GHz.
From material Df:
Df between 0.01 ~ 0.005 suitable for circuit boards. The upper limit is 10Gb/S digital circuits;
Df between 0.005 ~ 0.003 circuit board is suitable for the upper limit of 25Gb/S digital circuit;
High frequency PCB boards with Df not exceeding 0.0015 are suitable for 50Gb/S or even higher-speed digital circuits.